Citizens of the following countries are exempt from visa when entering Vietnam with the provisions attached.
- Bruney's citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for a temporary stay not exceeding 14 days.
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos are exempt from Vietnam visa for a temporary stay not exceeding 30 days.
- Philippine passport holders are exempted from Vietnam visa for a temporary stay not exceeding 21 days.
- Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland are exempted from Vietnam visa for a temporary stay not exceeding 15 days.
- From July 1, 2018, Vietnam continues to extend visa exemption for 5 countries Germany, France, England, Italy and Spain. Citizens of these countries when entering Vietnam are not required to apply for a visa with a temporary stay period of 15 days.
- French and Chilean nationals holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempted from Vietnam visa and are allowed to stay in Vietnam for one time in a row or for a multiple stay with a total duration of stay not exceeding 90 days within 6 months from the date of first entry.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders of member countries of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC) are also exempt from visa to Vietnam for the duration of residence. no more than 60 days.
- For visitors to Phu Quoc Island: Foreigners and Vietnamese citizens who bring foreign nationality to Vietnam via an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay under 15 days will be exempted. Vietnam visa. The condition is that the passport must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc, if you stay for more than 15 days or to other places, the Immigration Department will issue a Vietnam visa for visitors right here in Phu Quoc.